Cabernet Shiraz Mataro + Braised Lamb
- Temple Bruer Cabernet Shiraz Mataro
- 4 Lamb shanks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Celery stalks
- 2 Medium carrots
- 8-10 Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2-3 Cups beef stock
- Rosemary bunch
- Thyme bunch
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- Parsley bunch
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season lamb shanks with salt, pepper, and oregano.
2. Sear lamb on all sides with extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
3. Sauté onion, mushrooms, celery stalks, carrots, and garlic.
4. Add tomato paste.
5. Pour in Temple Bruer Cabernet Shiraz Mataro.
6. Pour in beef stock, scraping and mixing in flavourful bits on the bottom of the pot.
7. Place lamb back into dutch oven with rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, and parsley.
8. Turn up heat to bring to a simmer and once boiling, lower heat and cover pot.
9. Cook for 2-3 hours (while rotating the lamb in between), or until meat is falling off the bone.
10. Serve atop mashed potato and enjoy with a glass (or two) of Cabernet Shiraz Mataro.